Fantastic wall coverings and wall treatments for your kitchen
As a homeowner, you want to ensure that each part of your home is appealing. In this article, the main focus will be on the kitchen. By using wall treatments and coverings, you can ensure your kitchen will look good.
There are different variations when it comes to finishes and coverings that you can choose from. You may have a hard time choosing one idea, depending on your taste.
If you wonder what wall treatments and wall coverings are, well, the term is used to describe wallpaper, paint, fabric, plaster, tiles, and plaster.
Wall treatment entails making sure the wall can complement the space around which, in this case, we have focused on the kitchen.
To make your work easier, we will look into seven wall treatments and coverings that may be suitable for your kitchen.
Ceramic tiles are quite popular, especially when they are used as wall cladding materials in the kitchen.
They are common since they are easy to clean. Also, they can withstand heavy impact from large objects.
Additionally, there are different styles, colours, and variations that you can choose from. Nonetheless, there is always one design that suits your kitchen.
If you are looking for wall coverings that are cost-effective and simple, you can choose vinyl decals.
When choosing, opt for removable vinyl wall decals. The application process is easy. Also, the vinyl decals do not need any on-going care. They cannot also break easily.
The wallpapers are not suitable for kitchens; however, some varieties are resistant to moisture, and they can act as the best choice for your kitchen.
Different patterns and colours are available, and the hanging process won’t take long.
Acrylic and Plastic Paints
If you want to enhance your kitchen’s appearance, you can apply acrylic or plastic paints on the wall; these paints are suitable since they are waterproof, durable, fast-drying, and easy to clean.
As a result, they can act as a perfect choice for your kitchen. Some of these plastic paints usually have additives that ensure your kitchen will be mould-free.
When you opt for wood cladding, you will ensure that your kitchen has a cosy and natural look. You will also make sure the kitchen has a stylish and rustic vibe.
The main issue is that wood is overly sensitive to moisture, which means it should be well-cared for.
According to specialists, when you opt for wood cladding for your kitchen, you can ensure the wood is treated and oiled regularly.
Also, hardwood would be preferable as compared to softwoods that are highly porous.
There are numerous natural stone varieties that people can use on their kitchen walls. The natural stones have an expensive look, and they need continued maintenance.
Glass can help protect the walls from cooking and food splashes while ensuring your kitchen looks stylish and pretty.
You can opt for patterned or coloured panels since they will change your space within a short period. Also, it will be easy to wipe the surfaces clean while ensuring they are stain resistant.
We have managed to look into different wall treatments and coverings. We will now delve into the pros and cons of the wall treatments and why you should choose them over other options.
The pros of wall treatment include:
- Cost-effectiveness- Although wallpapers’ cost is higher than paint, the durability factor saves you a significant amount of money in the long run.
- Damaged walls– does your house have damaged walls? Wallpapers can make the damaged walls look good. With wallpapers, you will not have to fix the defects on the walls. However, it would be best to opt for thick wallpapers since they will make the walls look better.
- Easy removal– the wallpaper can be removed without causing any damage to the wall, depending on whether you no longer need it on your walls. It is advisable to ensure the walls have been well prepped before the wallpaper installation.
- Long-lasting durability– if you have painted your house, you may have to repaint it depending on factors such as the children and pets in your homestead. When you opt for wallpaper, it will last for about 10 years or more. On the other hand, repainting will take place every two to five years. As you compare wallpapers and paint, you will realize which option is more economical.
- Visual appeal– wallpapers give room for creativity. With paint, you cannot find such creativity levels unless you can hire a conversant professional with different paint designs; however, you will spend a higher amount of money. With wallpapers, you can ensure your house has a certain versatility level, and you cannot find such with paint.
- Versatility– the main advantage of wallpapers is that you can choose patterns that align with your taste. Some people may not want the wallpaper to cover the entire wall. In this case, it is possible to place the wallpaper inside any piece of artwork. Wallpapers can also be changed easily, especially when you want to ensure your house has a new “look.”
- Ease of application– some firms manufacture temporary wallpapers that can be easily applied and removed.
The cons of wall treatment include:
- Difficult removal– we had mentioned the wallpaper can be removed easily; however, the main issue is that you need the right tools for such a task. If the walls were not prepped well before the wallpaper was applied, the removal process might prove tedious. It is advisable to consult an interior designer or a specialist who is conversant with wallpapers to avoid such issues.
- Climate and humidity– make sure you have chosen the right wallpaper depending on the room. For instance, the wallpaper being installed in the kitchen should be resistant to moisture.
- Higher Cost- the cost of the wallpaper may be extravagant. However, the long-term benefits outrun the issue of higher costs concerning wallpaper durability.
After perusing this context, you are now conversant with different types of wall treatments and wall coverings.
As for wallpapers, you should liaise with a professional interior designer who can offer subtle guidance. With the help of an interior designer, you can transform your kitchen such that your desires will become a reality.